Social media and forums

Open discussion about anything not necessarily garden or the rest related.
Brian Millar
Site Admin

Social media and forums

Post by Brian Millar » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:46 am

The pioneers into social media were the forums and many have fallen by the wayside for what ever reason, others have taken off but none have done so on the level FB has. It's to me an easy to follow formula, get enough people involved and advertise and this is all there is too it. Yes, keep the software running well, but also keep your audience entertained. They forget the fact that a sustained community is not so much about the add on's and fluff as much as it is to have actual real people to interact with. Their failure with it is to force all into their system and by default creates the only community to be part of for most people by default.

I want to think, to really hope people know that I am about supporting and building upon a safe place, a spot where it's real community, a goto without the cares and concerns of the world are going to invade upon. The raised beds group at FB is a great start, so many wonderful people, so very many opting in here especially as of of late, and all know this is a global group that share so much in community as well as their current and past upon.

I want to convey to anybody from there, over to here, yes it has a different interface, it has a ton of extra options, I can add and adjust things based upon our members preferences so please do not feel like you are stuck with it, I am happy to make things easier for everybody.

I wish all of you well and I am thankful for being able to be part of and helping this community.