Enough revisions and fine tuning is in place

Maintaining involvement with our community, there are always great things to look forward to and participate with here.
Brian Millar
Site Admin

Enough revisions and fine tuning is in place

Post by Brian Millar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:05 am

I have been on a tangent with this place to get enough fine tuned that I am happy with for now and ready for adding more content, and basically talking to myself for much of it so that visitors have something to give them a reason to sign up and get involved. It's a brand new forum so it will take patience and effort to get people on board with. For now, enough features have been in place and additional room for more is easy enough to continue with. I may be revising the graphics and layout a bit more as I feel inspired, but it's a good start and tested platform that's running smoothly so I feel confident it's ready on all levels.

I am super open to suggestions, from the categories and add on features as well. It's cool to take thin air and turn it into something cohesive from a web site, even better when it's also helping to build a community and give people a safe place to share their common interests.

I look forward to interacting with who is on board and who gets involved here, this has potential to make a great positive impact and I very much appreciate all that get involved and will continue to work hard to keep this place running nicely to keep your experience most enjoyable.

Brian Millar
Site Admin

Re: Enough revisions and fine tuning is in place

Post by Brian Millar » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:13 am

Keeping what I set up in place here in tact, as a back up for the raised beds group is a nice added security for the rest there, and some day here. I've noticed simply typing out something, how easy it is compared to the bloated FB system, where you type words and they come out later, lot's of lag there, over here, it's very much in real time like you are typing from your own computer or other device. This is a cleaner system by far, and a big part is because it's a virgin install of the PHPBB without having what I call parasite ware in ad's bogging things down.

In the early days of computing, especially with portals and social media, "typically platforms like the one here", there was a lot of concern and care taken for load time for the average and to include lower end resource users to keep things compatible. This spirit remains the same from those old days to here, so people will notice things happen much more easily and quickly.